Finally I made the New York style Donuts and this is the classic one which is also need yeast,a main ingredient for a soft fluffy donuts.Donuts are actually a fried dough which is fried when it is first introduced and now a days they are available as baked one too.The donuts are first introduced without holes but after sometime they came as holed ones.I already posted Ragi donuts/ Doughnuts and chocolate donuts here where chocolate donuts are my favorites.I used all purpose flour for the recipe after so many months i am now again shifted to that flour.But i will use both as combined in baking because nowadays am avoiding all purpose flour.
These donuts are glazed with dark chocolate sauce which can be either made by melting dark chocolate or by making rich sauce with butter and cocoa powder with teaspoon of milk.I used milk for the dough instead of adding water and it came out really well.I used dry yeast and this takes time to rise up rather than instant yeast,but the outcome came out really delicious.The donuts are in my to do list for years,once i had this in my college function.The yeast can also be replaced with yogurt and baking soda but the outer crust becomes more crunchy and now am familiar with yeast and how to work on that.You can expect some bread recipes here soon,stay tuned...Lets move onto the recipe..
Ingredients for making
- All purpose flour -1 cup
- Dry yeast -1/2 teaspoon
- Warm milk -1 teaspoon
- Milk -1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence - a drop
- Salt - a pinch
- sugar -2 teaspoons
- Dark chocolate -50 grams
How to make
- Take a small bowl with warm milk and sprinkle yeast along with sugar.In milk add vanilla essence and mix well.
- In another bowl,mix salt and flour evenly.Wait till the yeast froths up.
- Now make dent in the flour and add the yeast along with milk and fold well.Make a soft dough and transfer the dough in a greased bowl.
- Wait until an hour to rise up and you can see the volume doubled.Punch the dough and knead for 3 minutes.
- Roll the dough in the floured surface using rolling pin.Make shapes using a cookies cutter.
- Arrange it on the tray until the size doubled.This takes 15 minutes approximately.
- Heat oil in the wok and deep fry the donuts and drain excess oil in the kitchen paper.
- Make a chocolate sauce by double boiler method,by placing the chocolate bowl over the sauce pan having boiling water.The bowl does not touch the surface of water.
- Coat the fried donuts in one side by dipping it and sprinkle with your desired toppings.
- Serve as a tea time snack.
Use your desired sauces for the glaze.
Bake this at 200 degree centigrade for about 15 minutes.