The plantain is easy to cook vegetable and this contains more carbohydrates as potato has.We use all the parts from plantain tree starting from leaf,stem,banana and also the flower.The flower fell down once the banana start to mature and immediately we cut the flower from it and cook as Curry or koftas or some basic dal recipes too.The raw banana has so many types in it and also the tastes too different from each other.The banana varieties are identified through their shapes and also the color on their skin and i love all the types from it.This stir fry we make when fasting is on that day and prepared along with some spicy curry with mild sambhar and Rasam.This goes perfectly with sambhar,rasam.Lets start preparing this...
Ingredients for making
- Plantain -2 medium size
- Onion - 1 no
- Green chilli -2 no
- Grated coconut -1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves
- Mustard seeds-1/4 teaspoon
- Black gram seeds -1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 2 teaspoon
How to make
- Cut the ends of each plantain and peel the skin without green.After chopping it into small cubes add it to the bowl of water to avoid oxidation.
- In the meantime,chop onion and green chillies into fine pieces.Boil chopped plantain with enough salt.
- Heat oil in the wok and add mustard seeds and black gram seeds.After they splutter,add finely chopped onions and saute well.
- Drain the cooked plantain in the strainer.
- Now add green chillies in the wok and add grated coconut.
- Now add plantain and cook it for a minute.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Serve with sambhar and rice.
Use red chilli in the place of green chilli.If red chilli means,one is enough for two plantain.
Serve with sambhar and rasam and also with hot rice.